- J111B7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ENA-78, ENA78, epithelial-derived neutrophil-activating protein 78, small inducible cytokine B5
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CXCL5, also known as ENA-78, is a 11.9 kD chemokine and belongs to the intercrine alpha, CXC chemokine family. It is expressed by monocytes and eosinophils in response to IL-1 and TNFα. CXCL5 can interact with CXCR2 and activate neutrophils and induce their migration. In vitro neutrophil chemotactic activity of CXCL5 is three fold higher. IFNγ suppresses expression of CXCL5. NFκB alone is sufficient to induce CXCL5 in contrast to IL-8, which requires both NFκB and C/EBP. Two forms are produced by N terminal proteolytic cleavage, ENA78 (8-78) and ENA 78 (9-78), and these isoforms exhibit higher chemotactic activity. Increased intra-hepatic levels of CXCL5 have been reported in patients with chronic liver disease.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Human CXCL5 (ENA-78)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
AB_2728453 (BioLegend Cat. No. 524105)
AB_2728454 (BioLegend Cat. No. 524106)
- CXC chemokine family, 11.9 kD
Monocytes, platelets, and eosinophils
- Interacts with CXCR2 and is involved in neutrophil activation and chemotaxis for HIV-1
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Platelets, Eosinophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Walz A, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:1355.
2. Power CA, et al. 1994. Gene. 151:333.
3. Corbett MS, et al. 1994. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 205:612.
- Gene ID
- 6374 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL5 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CXCL5 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|PE anti-human CXCL5||J111B7||ICFC|
|APC anti-human CXCL5||J111B7||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.