- Poly19251 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 12A, Myosin Binding Subunit, Myosin Phosphatase, Target Subunit 1, Protein Phosphatase Myosin-Binding Subunit
Covance Catalog# PRB-457C
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Myosin phosphatase target subunit 1 (MYPT1) is a regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 1. It regulates the interaction of actin and myosin downstream of the guanosine triphosphatase Rho. The GTP-bound, active form of RhoA (GTP.RhoA), through its interaction with myosin-binding subunit (MBS) of myosin phosphatase, regulates the phosphorylation of myosin light chain (MLC). Rho inhibits myosin phosphatase through the action of Rho-kinase. Four splice-variant isoforms for the MYPT1 gene have been identified.Product Details
- Human, Dog, Mouse, Rat, Rodent
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated against the N-terminal sequence (residues 1-38) of the large, non-catalytic subunit of myosin phosphatase.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:10000 - 1:20000 dilution. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
*Predicted MW = 115 kD
The non-catalytic subunit of myosin phosphate, the myosin binding subunit (MBS), is called M130 or MYPT1.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Muranyi A, et al. 1998. Biochem J. 330:225. (WB)
AB_2565464 (BioLegend Cat. No. 925101)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Gene ID
- 4659 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Myosin Phosphatase on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.