|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The reconstituted lyophilized human Activated (surface) PBMC can be used for immunofluorescent staining and multi-color flow cytometry assays. The cells can be used as activated cell marker controls with minimal variability across experiments. These cells have been verified to work with commonly tested cell surface, as well as T cell activation markers such as CD3, CD4, CD8, CD25, CD366(TIM3), TIGIT, CD69, CD279 and CD134.
This product contains human cells, a potentially biohazardous material. Blood used in preparation of these samples was tested and found to be negative for antibody and nucleic acid testing against Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Hepatitis B and C virus and HTLV (Human T-Lymphotrophic virus I and II), surface antigen for Hepatitis B (HBsAg) virus and syphilis and West Nile Virus using FDA approved methods. Biological tests are not 100% accurate. Use standard precautions when handling, and treat as if the product is capable of transmitting disease. When handling or disposing, follow precautions described in CDC and FDA recommendations and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.
- Kit Contents
For Cat. No. 426701:
2 vials of Veri-Cell™ Activated (surface) PBMC (≥1 X 106 cells per vial)
1 vials of 0.7 ml Veri-Cells™ Buffer A
For Cat. No. 426703:
10 vials of Veri-Cell™ Activated (surface) PBMC (≥1 X 106 cells/vial)
5 vials of 0.7 ml Veri-Cells™ Buffer A
- Cat. No. 426701: 2 vials each containing ≥1 X 106 lyophilized human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC).Cat. No. 426703: 10 vials each containing ≥1 X 106 lyophilized human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC).
- The Veri-Cells™ PBMC Kit is prepared from 2 lyophilized human Activated (surface) PBMC and a vial of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A. Veri-Cells Activated (surface) PBMC contain lyophilized PBMCs that had been stimulated using Concanavalin A (ConA) for 72 hours.
- Storage & Handling
- Store the kit at 2°C – 8°C upon receipt. Do not open sealed pouch until ready to use. Once reconstituted, the cells may be used for up to five days if properly stored at 2°C – 8°C in the buffer provided. This product is guaranteed for a minimum of 6 months, or until the expiration date stated in the COA, when properly stored. Contact BioLegend Technical Support for information on the current lots
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
50 µl per test (after reconstitution with 325 µl of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A)
Note: Veri-Cells™ Buffer A may show precipitation over time, however this is normal and does not affect performance of the buffer.
- Application Notes
The Veri-Cells™ Activated (surface) PBMC Kit can be used as a positive control for detecting T cell activation markers such as CD25, CD69, CD134, CD279, CD366 (TIM3) and TIGIT (VSTM3). Assessing the suitability of using this product as a control for end user’s molecule of interest is recommended, as each lot is validated based on the expression levels of markers mentioned above. For best results, Cell Staining Buffer is recommended for any washing steps. Product performance specifications are based on testing with BioLegend reagents and protocols. Deviations from the use of these reagents and procedures have not been assessed and may affect performance.
Protocol for using Veri-Cells™ Activated (surface) PBMC:
1. Prior to reconstitution, warm lyophilized vial(s) of Veri-Cell™ Activated (surface) PBMC at room temperature for 5 minutes.
2. Add 325 µl of the Veri-Cell™ Buffer A to the cell pellet. Replace the rubber stopper and mix by inversion for 5 seconds. Allow at least 5 minutes for the cells to rehydrate prior to staining. Content in each vial is intended for 5 tests
3. Aliquot the required amount of cells into tubes (50 µl=200k cells). Stain with antibodies using our Cell Surface Immunofluorescence Staining Protocol. The cells are ready for acquisition.
Note: To monitor non-specific staining, we recommend using appropriate isotype controls.
Antibodies Used for Product Validation
Alexa Fluor® 700
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID