- MP1-22E9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor, CSF-α, Pluripoietin-α, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Burst promoting activity (BPA)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
GM-CSF is a hematopoietic factor that is produced by T cells, macrophages, fibroblasts and endothelial cells. This multifunctional cytokine stimulates progenitor cells of neutrophils, eosinophils, and macrophages. GM-CSF is also a differentiation and activating factor for granulocytic and monocytic cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Yeast-expressed, recombinant mouse GM-CSF
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICC, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA or ELISPOT Capture, the antibody should be titrated between 1 - 4 µg/ml to determine optimal concentration.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1,3-5: The purified MP1-22E9 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MP1-31G6 antibody (Cat. No. 505502) as the detecting antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry8: The fluorochrome-labeled MP1-22E9 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify GM-CSF -producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization2-4: The MP1-22E9 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant GM-CSF. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for in vivo and in vitro neutralization (Cat. No. 505408).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections1,6,7, and immunocytochemistry8.
- Application References
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Methods 166:201.
- Suda T, et al. 1990. Cell. Immunol. 129:228.
- Nozaki S, et al. 1991. J. Invest. Dermatol. 97:10.
- Abrams JS, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams JS. 2001. Curr. Protoc. Immunol. Unit 6.20.
- Sander B, et al. 1991. Immunol. Rev. 119:65.
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Larkin J, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:268.
AB_2810635 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505415)
AB_2810636 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505416)
AB_2810637 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505417)
AB_2810638 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505418)
AB_2810639 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505419)
AB_2810640 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505420)
- Cytokine; 22 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/development granulocyte/macrophage progenitors; differentiates myeloblasts/monoblasts; synergizes with Epo proliferation of erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors
- Cell Sources
- T cells, monocytes/macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mast cells
- Cell Targets
- Granulocyte/macrophage/erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors, myeloblasts, monoblasts
- Heterodimer GM-CSFR α subunit (CDw116); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, IL-5R
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Demetri, G., et al. 1991. Blood 78:2791.
3. Fan, D., et al. 1991. In vivo 5:571.
4. Negrin, R., et al. 1992. Adv. Pharmacol. 23:263.
- Synergistic with IL-1, IL-3, G-CSF; E21R competitive antagonist for receptor binding; stored in ECM with heparan sulfate proteoglycans
- Gene ID
- 12981 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GM-CSF on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|FITC anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ICFC|
|PE anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICC, IHC-F|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ICFC|
|APC anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICC, IHC-F|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ICFC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-22E9||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.