- BVD8-3G11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-3, Burst promoting activity, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Hematopoietic cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast (MGF/MCGF), Multi-colony stimulating (Multi-CSF), P cell stimulating activity (PCSA), Thy1 inducing factor
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-3 is a highly species-specific pleiotropic factor produced primarily by activated T cells though also by mast cells, keratinocytes, and astrocytes, which stimulates colony formation of megakaryocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages from bone marrow cultures. The BVD8-3G11 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-3.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Yeast-expressed, recombinant human IL-3
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Block - Quality tested
IP, WB - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-3 antibody inhibits the proliferation of TF-1 erythroleukemic cells induced by Recombinant Human IL-3 (carrier-free) (7 ng/ml) in a dose dependent manner, with an ED50 = 0.02 – 0.1 µg/ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA1-4 or ELISPOT Capture: The purified BVD8-3G11 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated BVD3-1F9 antibody (Cat. No. 500604) as the detecting antibody.
Additional reported applications include: Western blotting4 and immunoprecipitation4.
- Application References
- Abrams JS, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA)
- Abrams JS et al. 1994. Eosnophil-active cytokines in human disease: development and use of monoclonal antibodies to il-3, il-5, and GM-CSF. In Eosinophils in Allergy and Inflammation. Gleich GJ and Kay AB, eds. Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York, NY. p. 133. (ELISA)
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. 6.20. (ELISA)
- Kaushansky K. 1992. J. Clin. Invest. 90:1879. (ELISA, IP, WB)
- Mahanty S, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567.
AB_2616770 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500506)
- Cytokine; 14-30 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation/differentiation of almost all types of hematopoietic progenitors into granulocytes, macrophages, erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, mast cell colonies; induces expression of 20-α-steroid dehydrogenase, histidine, ornithine decarboxylase.
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, eosinophils, keratinocytes, NK cells, endothelial cells.
- Cell Targets
- Erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, monocytic lineages.
- IL-3R, α subunit (CD123), common β subunit (CDw131).
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Frendl G. 1992. Int. J. Immunopharmacol. 14:421.
3. Ihle J. 1992. Chem. Immunology 51:65.
- Upregulated by T cell stimulation; downregulated by glucocorticoids.
- Gene ID
- 3562 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-3 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.