- RPA-T8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV T171
- Other Names
- T8, Leu2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8a is a 32-34 kD type I glycoprotein. It forms a homodimer (CD8a/a) or heterodimer (CD8a/b) with CD8b. CD8, also known as T8 and Leu2, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily found on the majority of thymocytes, a subset of peripheral blood T cells, and NK cells (which express almost exclusively CD8a homodimers). CD8 acts as a co-receptor with MHC class I-restricted T cell receptors in antigen recognition and T cell activation, and has been shown to play a role in thymic differentiation. Two domains in CD8a are important for function: the extracellular IgSF domain binds the α3 domain of MHC class I and the cytoplasmic CXCP motif binds the tyrosine kinase p56 Lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- Chimpanzee, Baboon, Pigtailed Macaque, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
Costim, IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The RPA-T8 antibody does not block the binding of HIT8a antibody to CD8a. Additional reported applications of this antibody (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed frozen sections3 and costimulation of T cell responses4. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 301073 & 301074).
- Application References
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Magidovich E, et al. 2007. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:13022.
- Thakarl D, et al. 2008.J. immunol. 180:7431. PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865. (PG)
AB_2814116 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301073)
AB_2814117 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301074)
- Ig superfamily, homodimer or heterodimer with CD8β, 32-34 kD
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset, NK cells
- MHC class I co-receptor, thymic differentiation, T cell activation
- MHC Class I molecules
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Gene ID
- 925 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD8a
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD8a
Biotin anti-human CD8a
FITC anti-human CD8a
PE anti-human CD8a
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD8a
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD8a
Purified anti-human CD8a
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD8a
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD8a
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD8a
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD8a
PerCP anti-human CD8a
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD8a
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD8a
Purified anti-human CD8a (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD8a
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD8a
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD8a
TotalSeq™-A0080 anti-human CD8a
TotalSeq™-B0080 anti-human CD8a
TotalSeq™-C0080 anti-human CD8a
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD8a
Spark Violet™ 423 anti-human CD8a Antibody