- S18004C (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LPS receptor
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD14 is a 53-55 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked membrane glycoprotein also known as LPS receptor. CD14 is expressed at high levels on monocytes and macrophages, and at lower levels on granulocytes. Some dendritic cell populations such as interfollicular dendritic cells, reticular dendritic cells, and Langerhans cells have also been reported to express CD14. As a high-affinity receptor for LPS, CD14 is involved in the clearance of gram-negative pathogens and in the upregulation of adhesion molecules and cytokines expression in monocytes and neutrophils.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human CD14
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814377 (BioLegend Cat. No. 397703)
AB_2814378 (BioLegend Cat. No. 397704)
- GPI-linked membrane glycoprotein, 53-55 kD
Monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes (low)
- LPS receptor, clearance of Gram-negative pathogens
- Monocytes, Macrophages, Granulocytes, Neutrophils
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Stocks SC, et al. 1990. Biochem J. 268:275.
- Wright SD, et al. 1990. Science. 4975:1431.
- Gene ID
- 929 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD14 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All CD14 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD14||S18004C||FC,Block|
|FITC anti-human CD14||S18004C||FC|
|PE/Fire™ 810 anti-human CD14 Antibody||S18004C||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.