- 9E10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Oncogene Myc, Myc proto-oncogene protein, proto-oncogene c-Myc
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The 9E10 monoclonal antibody recognizes the amino acid sequence EQKLISEEDL, which is a specific portion of the human c-myc gene product. This antibody is highly specific and is unlikely to alter the activity of the cloned sequence.Product Details
- Endogenous Human c-Myc; fusion protein with c-Myc tag (EQKLISEEDL, around 1.2kD) in all species
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Amino acids 408-439, C-terminal region of human c-myc
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
WB - Quality tested
ELISA, ICC, IP, IHC-P, Purification - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
*Our Posi-Tag Control Protein (931301) can be used as a helpful positive control for this antibody.
- Application References
- Rao H, et al. 2001. Nature. 410:955.
- Peters CS, et al. 2001. J Biol Chem. 276:13718.
- Munro S, Pelham HR. 1987. Cell. 48:899.
- Evan GI, et al. 1985. Mol Cell Biol. 5:3610.
AB_2810685 (BioLegend Cat. No. 626807)
AB_2810686 (BioLegend Cat. No. 626808)
- Highly conserved protein structure from drosophila to vertebrate. Contains HLH domain, coiled coil region, and leucine zipper domain. Human c-myc has two isoforms with predicted MW of 49 kD and 51kD.
- Transcription factor, binds to DNA and activates transcription as part of a heterodimeric complex MAX. Structural rearrangements found in a number of cancers
- MAX, SMAD2, SMAD3, Pam, cdc6, BRCA1, Mlh1, p34cdc2, MAD, Sp1, and many other proteins
- Glycosylation, Phosphorylation (Thr58, Ser62, Ser71)
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Adams JM, et al. 1983. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 80:1982.
2. Atchley WR, et al. 1995. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92:10217.
3. Battey J, et al. 1983. Cell 34:779.
4. Beimling P, et al. 1985. Biochemistry 24:6349.
- Gene ID
- 4609 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about c-Myc on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.