- Other Names
- Roof plate-specific spondin-1, R-spondin-1, R-Spondin, RSPO1, RSPO, Cristin3, FLJ40906
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
R-Spondin 1 (RSPO1) was initially discovered as a spondin specifically expressed on the roof plate of the neural tube of developing embryos. The R-Spondin protein family consists of four members, R-Spondin 1 through R-Spondin 4. These proteins feature a hydrophobic signal peptide, two adjacent cysteine-rich, furin-like domains and one thrombospondin type 1 domain. These are secreted proteins that are processed through a canonical secretory pathway. R-Spondin 2 and R-Spondin 3 bind heparin sulfate proteoglycans on the cell surface whereas R-Spondin 1 and R-Spondin 4 do not show significant interaction with heparin sulfate proteoglycans. All R-Spondin family members regulate the Wnt signaling pathway probably by acting as an inhibitor of ZNRF3. R-Spondin 1 is expressed in early development at the roof plate boundary and contributes to dorsal neural tube development. R-Spondin 1 is postnatally expressed by neuroendocrine cells in the intestine, adrenal gland and pancreas, and by epithelia in the kidney and prostate. In mice, R-Spondin 1 induces crypt cell proliferation and increases intestinal epithelial healing, providing a protective mechanism against chemotherapy induced adverse effects.Product Details
- Human RSPO1, amino acid Arg31-Ala263 (Accession # Q2MKA7) with a C-terminal 8x His tag, was expressed in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 246 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 27.1 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced proteins migrate at approximately 40 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Arg.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
When human R-Spondin 1 is immobilized at 1.0 µg/mL, human RNF43-Fc Chimera (Cat. No. 771202) binds with an EC50 of 0.05 – 0.2 µg/mL.
Human R-Spondin 1 amplifies Wnt agonist induced Topflash reporter activity in HEK293T human embryonic kidney cells.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Expressed in adrenal glands, ovary, testis, thyroid and trachea but not in bone marrow, spinal cord, stomach, leukocytes colon, small intestine, prostate, thymus and spleen.
- Activator of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway by acting as a ligand for LGR4-6 receptors and RNF43/ZNRF3.
- LGR4-6, RNF43/ZNRF3
- Measured in a binding assay with human RNF43.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors
- Antigen References
- Kim KA, et al. 2005. Science. 309: 1256-1259
- Parma P, et al. 2006. Nature Genet. 38: 1304- 1309
- Chassot A, et al. 2008. Hum Molec Genet. 17: 1264-1277
- Zhou WJ, et al. 2013. Nature. 501: 107-111
- Gene ID
- 284654 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about R-Spondin 1 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)