- Other Names
- Bone Morphogenetic Protein Receptor Type 1B (BMPR1B), Activin Receptor-Like Kinase 6 (ALK6), BMP Type-1B Receptor.
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The transforming growth factor- (TGF ) superfamily control a big number of biological responses and play a prominent role during embryonic development, regulation of cell growth, differentiation, and apoptosis. 40 distinct TGF members have been identified in vertebrates and they are generally divided into two branches, the TGF /activin/nodals and the bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs). The Bmp family regulates embryogenesis and postnatal tissue homeostasis. Bmp proteins signal through serine/threonine kinase receptors known as type I and type II receptors. Four type I receptors: Bmpr1a (Alk3), Bmpr1b (Alk6), Acvrl1 (Alk1), and Acvr1 (Alk2), and three type II receptors: Bmpr2 (BMPRII), Acvr2a (ActRIIA) and Acvr2b (ActRIIB) mediate Bmp signaling. After activation, the type I receptors activate receptor Smads (Smad1, 5, 8) through phosphorylation. Deletion of Bmpr1b induces osteopenia in 8-week-old male mice, and Bmpr1b mutant bone marrow mesenchymal progenitors show compromised differentiation in vitro. Some luminal breast tumors possible seem to be the result of an amplified response of mammary stem cells to imbalance BMP2 levels and BMPR1B-mediated signaling. In addition, SNPs of BMPR1B have been suggested to correlate with endometriosis development.Product Details
- Human BMPR1B amino acids (Lys14-Arg126) (Accession # NP_001243722) was expressed in 293E cells. The carboxy terminus contains SRIEGRMD + hIgG1 Fc (Pro100-Lys330) + 6His tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 358 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 40.2 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 50-60kD and 90 kD by SDS-PAGE respectively. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Lys.
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE gel as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Human BMPR1B inhibits the alkaline phosphatase production induced by human BMP4 (15 ng/mL, BL Cat. No. 595202) in a dose dependent manner. The ED50 = 1.5 - 7.5 µg/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Ubiquitously expressed in most types of cells, osteoblasts, granulosa cells of growing follicles, mammary stem cells.
- Regulates postnatal osteoblast function and bone remodeling, regulator of ovulation rates, mediator of glial differentiation and cell survival.
- BMP2, BMP4
- BMPR1B inhibits the alkaline phosphatase production induced by human BMP4 in ATDC5 mouse chondrogenic cells.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
- Yi SE, et al. 2001. PNAS. 98:7994.
- Mishina Y, et al. 2004. J Biol Chem. 279:27560.
- Lizzi L and Attisano L. 2004. Oncogene. 23:2071.
- Brederlau A, et al. 2004. Mol Biol Cell. 15:3863.
- Okamoto M, et al. 2006. J Bone Miner Res. 21:1022.
- Mark A, et al. 2010. Mol Endocrinol. 24: 1251.
- Sahni V, et al. 2010. J Neurosci. 30:1839.
- Baud'huin M, et al. 2012. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 109:12207.
- Chang CY, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8(12):e80630.
- Shi C, et al. 2016. Sci Rep. 6:24256.
- Raja E, et al. 2016. Oncotarget. 7:1120.
- Lim J, et al. 2016. Development. 143:339.
- Gene ID
- 658 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about BMPR1B/ALK-6-Fc Chimera on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.