- 7/4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST epitope tag
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. The V5 tag is a 14 amino acid peptide derived from a small epitope (Pk) on the P and V proteins of simian virus 5 (SV5), a member of the paramyxovirus family. Because of its small size, the addition of a V5 tag sequence (GKPIPNPLLGLDST) to a given gene creates a stable fusion product that does not appear to interfere with the biochemical properties of the protein. Many recombinant proteins have been engineered to express a short sequence derived from the V5 molecule known as V5-tag.Product Details
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST tag epitope
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.5 µg per ml. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 1-5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2566386 (BioLegend Cat. No. 680601)
AB_2566387 (BioLegend Cat. No. 680602)
- 14 amino acid peptide (GKPIPNPLLGLDST)
- The V5 tag can be used to detect the expression of recombinant proteins in bacteria, yeast, insects, and mammalian cell systems.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Antigen References
1. Uhlen M, et al. 1990. Meth Enzymol. 185:129.
2. Hanke T, et al. 1995. J. Virol. Methods 53:149.
3. Southern JA, et al. 1991. J. Gen. Virol. 72:1551.
4. Thomas SM, et al. 1988. Cell 54:891.
- Gene ID
- View information about V5-tag on UniProt.org
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-V5-tag||7/4||WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.