- AA10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- β-3 Tubulin, Neuronal class III beta-tubulin, β3-tub
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Tubulin is the main component of microtubules. In adults, tubulin beta 3 (TUBB3) is primarily expressed in neurons and is commonly used as a neuronal marker. It plays an important role in neuronal cell proliferation and differentiation. Mutations in this gene cause congenital fibrosis of the type 3 extraocular muscles. Tubulin beta 3 (TUBB3) is also found in a wide range of tumors. Studies indicate that it is a predictive and prognostic marker in various tumors.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.025 - 0.25 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone shows low reactivity towards other ß–tubulin isotypes.
This clone is more sensitive than BioLegend clone TUJ1 when used for western blot applications.
- Product Citations
AB_2562569 (BioLegend Cat. No. 657401)
AB_2562570 (BioLegend Cat. No. 657402)
- 450 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 50 kD
- Plays important roles in neuronal cell proliferation and differentiation
- Alpha tubulin, kinesin and dynein
- Cell Type
- Mature Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Katsetos CD, et al. 2003. J. Child Neurol. 18:851.
2. Mobarakeh ZT, et al. 2012. Cell Biol. Int. Rep. (2010) 19:e00015.
3. Locher H, et al. 2013. Differentiation. 85:173.
4. Karki R, et al. 2013. Expert Opin. Ther. Targets. 17:461.
5. Mariani M, et al. 2011. Curr. Mol. Med. 11:726.
6. Koh Y, et al. 2009. Ann. Oncol. 20:1414.
- Gene ID
- 10381 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin beta-3 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.