- A20103H (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Spike glycoprotein, Sglycoprotein (E2)
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is a single- stranded RNA virus that belongs in a family of viruses known as coronaviruses. SARS-CoV-2 infection, known as COVID-19, was declared a pandemic by WHO on March 11, 2020 and among other symptoms leads to respiratory infection, pulmonary failure which can be fatal. SARS-CoV-2 is structurally composed of 4 main proteins (e.g. spike glycoprotein, envelope glycoprotein, membrane glycoprotein and nucleocapsid protein) and several accessory proteins. The spike glycoprotein (S) is a transmembrane molecule that forms homotrimers on the surface of the virus and facilitates virulence through binding to angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) expressed on host cells. This protein is composed of two subunits S1 and S2. S1 subunit is responsible for binding to the host cell via ACE-2 receptor and S2 for fusion with the host cell.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant protein corresponding to the S1 subunit of SARS-CoV-2 S protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ELISA - Verfied
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. For ELISA applications, a concentration of 65.4 ng/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
BioLegend offers multiple clones that recognize SARS-CoV-2 S protein S1. Clone A20103H displayed the strongest performance for western blot of all clones validated for the application.
AB_2890872 (BioLegend Cat. No. 944401)
AB_2890872 (BioLegend Cat. No. 944402)
- Spike glycoprotein is a homotrimer. Each monomer consists of 1,273 a.a with a molecular weight of approximately 141 kD and consists of S1 and S2 subunits. S1 subunit is 673 a.a. long.
Viral envelope protein, host cell membrane, host cell endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment membrane
- Host cell surface receptor binding
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
- Walls AC, et al. 2020. Cell. 181:281-292.
- Yan R, et al. 2020. Science. 367:1444-1448.
- Wrapp D, et al. 2020. Science. 367:1260-1263.
- Shang J, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:11727-11734.
- Gene ID
- 43740568 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Viral Protein on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Viral Protein Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-SARS-CoV-2 S Protein S1||A20103H||WB,ELISA|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.