- 1C2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Platelet glycoprotein V, GPV, platelet gpV, CD42d antigen, CD42d
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD42d is an 83 kD surface glycoprotein that non-covalently associates with GPIb and GPIX to form a receptor complex for von Willebrand factor on megakaryocytes and resting platelets. Binding sites for von Willebrand factor and thrombin have been localized to the GPIba chain of the GPI-b-V-IX complex. Platelet activation with thrombin cleaves the GPI-b-V-IX complex to release a 69 kD soluble fragment. Presence of the GPI-b-V-IX complex is important in Bernard-Soulier syndrome, a rare bleeding disorder.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse platelets
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,3.
- Application References
- Takada K, et al. 1995. Hybridoma. 14:361. (IP)
- Saito M, et al. 1996. Stem Cells. 14:124. (FC)
- Sato N, et al. 2000. Hybridoma. 19:455. (IP)
AB_2564114 (BioLegend Cat. No. 148501)
- 83 kD heterodimer composed of 2 polypeptide chains, an α chain (GP1BA) and a β chain (GP1BB).
Resting platelets and megakaryocytes.
- CD42d is a component of the GPIb-V-IX complex, functions as a vWF receptor, and mediates vWF-dependent platelet adhesion to blood vessels.
- Cell Type
- Megakaryocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Sivaraman B, et al. 2011. Biomaterials. 32:5365.
2. Berger G, et al. 1996. Blood. 87:1385.
3. Ravanat C, et al. 1997. Blood. 89:3253.
4. Andrews RK, et al. 1998. Biochemistry. 37:638.
5. Inoue O, et al. 2008. 283:16279.
6. Hickey MJ, et al. 1993. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 90:8327.
7. Shimomura T, et al. 1990. Blood. 75:2349.
8. Wu G, et al. 1997. Blood. 90:2660.
- Gene ID
- 14729 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD42d on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-mouse/rat CD42d||1C2||FC, IP|
|PE anti-mouse/rat CD42d||1C2||FC|
|APC anti-mouse/rat CD42d||1C2||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse/rat CD42d||1C2||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.