- 3D6C02 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Nuclear factor of kappa light chain enhancer in B cells-inhibitor alpha, IKBA
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IκB-α is an inhibitory protein that binds to the NF-κB complex and retains this complex in the cytoplasm where it cannot activate transcription. Upon cellular stimulation, the IκB proteins are phosphorylated and degraded via the ubiquitin pathway allowing for nuclear translocation of NF-κB. The NF-κB complex can then bind DNA to activate gene expression of multiple proteins involved in inflammation, cellular proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis.Product Details
- Human, Hamster
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human IκB-α recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml (1:1000 - 1:5000 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use is 0.5 - 1.0 µg/ml (1:500-1:1000 dilution). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody weakly reacts with mouse and rat. Based on in-house testing, clone 3D6C02 does not block clone 25/IkBa/MAD-3, and only partially blocks L35A5 also raised against IκB-α.
AB_2564258 (BioLegend Cat. No. 662402)
- Inhibitory protein of the NF-κB complex that contains multiple ankyrin repeats.
- Regulates transcriptional activity of NF-κB by binding the complex and trapping it in the cytoplasm. Serine phosphorylation of IκB targets it for destruction via the ubiquitination pathway, which allows the NF-κB complex to translocate to the nucleus.
- NFkB1, SUMO4, p53, ribosomal S6 kinase 1
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Tumor Suppressors
- Antigen References
1. Baeuerle PA. 1998. Cell 95:729.
2. Hoffmann A, et al. 2002. Science 298:1241.
3. Ito CY, et al. 1995. Genomics 29:490.
- Gene ID
- 4792 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IkappaB-alpha on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.