- BVD10-40F6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-7, Lymphopoietin-1 (LP-1), Pre-B cell growth factor, Thymocyte growth factor
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-7 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which promotes the proliferation of pre-B cells, thymocytes, T cell progenitors, and mature T cells. IL-7 induces formation of LAK cells and CTLs, and can stimulate tumoricidal activity of monocytes and macrophages. IL-7 can induce upregulation of proinflammatory cytokines in myeloid cells. IL-7 is expressed by stromal cells. The BVD10-40F6 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-7.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli - expressed, recombinant human IL-7
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2-6 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-7 recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1,2: The purified BVD10-40F6 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the Biotin anti-human IL-7 antibody (Cat. No. 506602) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Neutralization1: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-7 bioactivity (Cat. No. 501305 & 501306).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting.
- Application References
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.20.
AB_315164 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501302)
- Cytokine; 20-28 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation of pre-/pro-B cells, thymocytes, T cells; formation of LAK cells, CTLs, stimulation of tumoricidal activity monocytes/macrophages; upregulate proinflammatory cytokines in myeloid cells
- Cell Sources
- Adherent bone marrow stromal cells, thymic stromal cells, spleen, keratinocytes
- Cell Targets
- Progenitor B and T cells; CD4-CD8- thymocytes; megakaryocytes
- Heterodimer IL-7Rα (CD127); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-4R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Park L, et al. 1992. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 323 125.
3. Melchers F, et al. 1992. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 323 111.
- Downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3574 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-7 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.