- E0320E7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 34, C16orf77
- Mouse IgG2b, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human IL-34 shares a sequence identity of 99.6%, 72% and 71% with chimpanzee, rat, and mouse IL-34, respectively, on the amino acid level. The IL-34 gene is syntenic in the human, chimpanzee, rat, and mouse genomes. IL-34 has no apparent consensus structural domain or motif, and does not share sequence homology with M-CSF; nevertheless, it binds to the CSFR. These two cytokines are not identical in biological activity and signal activation. IL-34 and CSF show an equivalent ability to support cell growth or survival. However, these cytokines are differing in their ability to induce the production of chemokines (MCP-1 and eotaxin-2) in primary macrophages, the morphological change in TF-1-fms cells, and the migration of J774A.1 cells. The use of monoclonal antibodies against the CSFR suggests differential domain binding of the receptor to IL-34 and CSF and as a result, different bioactivities and signal activation kinetics/strength are produced for these cytokines.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-34
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2-8 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-34 recombinant protein ranging from 5000 to 78 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: The purified E0320E7 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated E033B8 antibody (Cat. No. 361401) as the detection antibody and recombinant human IL-34 (Cat. No. 577909) as the standard.
Note: For testing human IL-34 in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-34 ELISA Kit with Pre-coated Plates (Cat. No. 439607 & 439608) are specially developed and recommended.
- Product Citations
AB_2563032 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361301)
- Secreted glycoprotein, homodimer
- IL-34 mRNA is expressed in many different tissues including: spleen, heart, brain, lung, liver, kidney, thymus, testes, ovary, small intestine, prostate, and colon
- IL-34 increases monocyte viability, induces macrophage proliferation, and synergizes with other cytokines to generate macrophages and osteoclasts from cultured progenitors. IL-34 promotes the formation of the colony forming unit-macrophage (CFU-M) in human bone marrow culture. IL-34 supports RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis by promoting the adhesion and proliferation of osteoclast progenitors. Human IL-34 promotes osteoclast differentiation from peripheral blood mononucleated cells. In addition, systematic administration of IL-34 to mouse increases the number of CD11b+ cells and reduces bone mass. IL-1ß and TNF-Î± induce the expression of interleukin-34 mRNA in osteoblasts. IL-34 is also induced in macrophages infected with equine infectious anemia virus (EIAV).
- Macrophages, monocytes, myeloid cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Clanchy FI, et al. 2006. J. Leuko. Biol. 79:757.
2. Lin H, et al. 2008. Science 320:807.
3. Chihara T, et al. 2010. Cell. Death Differ. 17:1917.
4. Wei S, et al. 2010. J. Leuko. Biol. 88:495.
5. Eda H, et al. 2011. Rheumatol. Int. 31:1525.
- Gene ID
- 146433 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-34 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human IL-34||E0320E7||ELISA Capture|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.