- MEM-108 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- 4F2, FRP-1, RL-388
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD98 is a 125 kD disulfide-linked heterodimer protein also known as 4F2 and FRP-1. It is broadly expressed on activated and transformed cells (hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic), and at low levels on quiescent cells. CD98 has been characterized as a potential amino acid transporter (neutral and dibasic amino acids) that is involved in lymphocyte activation and integrin signaling. CD98 is composed of a light chain (45 kD) and a heavy chain (80 kD). Studies with knock-out mice indicate that the CD98 heavy chain is involved in integrin-dependent cell spreading and protection against anchorage deprivation-induced apoptosis. The MEM-108 antibody is useful for flow cytometry and immunoprecipitation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Burkitt's lymphoma cell line Raji
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation.
- Application References
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. New York.
- Cantor J, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:851. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_2302070 (BioLegend Cat. No. 315602)
- Disulfide-linked heterodimer, 80 kD and 45 kD reduced, 125 kD unreduced
Broadly expressed on activated and transformed cells, not hematopoietic cell-specific. Lower levels on resting cells
- Potential amino acid transporter (neutral and dibasic amino acids) also involved in the activation of lymphocytes and integrin signaling. May be a target antigen for NK cells
- Actin, β1 integrins (α2β1, α3β1, α5β1, α6β1; minimally with α4β1)
- Glycosylated (heavy chain)
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Leukocyte Typing VI. Kishimoto T, et al. (Eds.) Garland Publishing Inc. (1997)
2. Bron C, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:397.
3. Lumadue JA, et al. 1987. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 84:9204.
4. Mastroberardino L, et al. 1998. Nature 395:288.
- Gene ID
- 6520 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD98 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human CD98||MEM-108||FC, IP|
|FITC anti-human CD98||MEM-108||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0374 anti-human CD98||MEM-108||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0374 anti-human CD98||MEM-108||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0374 anti-human CD98||MEM-108||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.