- UCHT1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- III 471
- Other Names
- T3, CD3ε
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD3ε is a 20 kD chain of the CD3/T-cell receptor (TCR) complex which is composed of two CD3ε, one CD3γ, one CD3δ, one CD3ζ (CD247), and a T-cell receptor (α/β or γ/δ) heterodimer. It is found on all mature T cells, NKT cells, and some thymocytes. CD3, also known as T3, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that plays a role in antigen recognition, signal transduction, and T cell activation.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF®, IHC-F - Verified
IP, Activ, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections4,6,7 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections11, immunoprecipitation1, activation of T cells2,3,5, and Western blotting9. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 300413, 300414, and 300432). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 300437, 300438, 300465, 300466, 300473, 300474) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
- Application References
- Salmeron A, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:3047. (IP)
- Graves J, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:2102. (Activ)
- Lafont V, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:19282. (Activ)
- Ryschich E, et al. 2003. Tissue Antigens 62:48. (IHC)
- Thompson AG, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:1671. (Activ)
- Sakkas LI, et al. 1998. Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immun. 5:430. (IHC)
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Van Dongen JJM, et al. 1988. Blood 71:603. (WB)
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Pollard, K. et al. 1987. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 35:1329. (IHC)
- Luckashenak N, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:27. PubMed
- Laurent AJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:103683. PubMed
- Li J, et al. 2015. Cancer Res. 75:508. PubMed
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865-868. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_314055 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300401)
AB_314056 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300402)
- Ig superfamily, with the subunits of CD3γ, CD3δ, CD3ζ (CD247) and TCR (α/β or γ/δ) forms CD3/TCR complex, 20 kD
Mature T and NK T cells, thymocyte differentiation
- Antigen recognition, signal transduction, T cell activation
- Peptide antigen bound to MHC
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte FactsBook. Academic Press. San Diego.
2. Beverly P, et al. 1981. Eur. J. Immunol. 11:329.
3. Lanier L, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:2501-2507.
- Gene ID
- 916 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.