- EH12.2H7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Programmed cell death 1 (PD-1), also known as CD279, is a 55 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD279 contains the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif (ITIM) in the cytoplasmic region and plays a key role in peripheral tolerance and autoimmune disease. CD279 is expressed predominantly on activated T cells, B cells, and myeloid cells. PD-L1 (B7-H1) and PD-L2 (B7-DC) are ligands of CD279 (PD-1) and are members of the B7 gene family. Evidence suggests overlapping functions for these two PD-1 ligands and their constitutive expression on some normal tissues and upregulation on activated antigen-presenting cells. Interaction of CD279 ligands results in inhibition of T cell proliferation and cytokine secretion.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Common Marmoset, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of ligand binding1-3 and immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde fixed frozen sections13. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 329911 and 329912). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 329926) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
- Application References
- Dorfman DM, et al. 2006 Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 30:802. (FA)
- Radziewicz H, et al. 2007. J. Virol. 81:2545. (FA)
- Velu V, et al. 2007. J. Virol. 81:5819. (FA)
- Zahn RC, et al. 2008. J. Virol. 82:11577. PubMed
- Chang WS, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:6707. (FC) PubMed
- Nakamoto N, et al. 2009. PLoS Pathog. 5:e1000313. (FA)
- Jones RB, et al. 2009. J. Virol. 83:8722. (FC) PubMed
- Vojnov L, et al. 2010. J. Virol. 84:753. (FC) PubMed
- Radziewicz H, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:2410. (FC) PubMed
- Monteriro P, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:4618. PubMed
- Conrad J, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:6871. PubMed
- Salisch NC, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:476. (Rhesus reactivity)
- Li H and Pauza CD. 2015. Eur. J. Immunol. 45:298. (IHC)
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_940488 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329902)
- Immunoglobulin superfamily
Transiently expressed on CD4- CD8- thymocytes; upregulated in thymocytes and splenic T and B lymphocytes; expressed on activated myeloid cells
- B7-H1 (also known as PD-L1) and B7-DC (PD-L2)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Lymphocytes, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Gene ID
- 5133 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD279 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.