- W17221A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Baculoviral IAP Repeat Containing 3, Inhibitor Of Apoptosis Protein 1, Apoptosis Inhibitor 2, TNFR2-TRAF-Signaling Complex Protein 1, RNF49, MIHC, API2
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Baculoviral IAP Repeat Containing Protein 3, or BIRC3, is a member of the Inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) family of proteins initially characterized as a component of the TNFα receptor signaling complex. BIRC3 functions as an E3 ubiquitin ligase, polyubiqiutinating target proteins such as RIP kinases, caspases, TRAF1, and BCL10. Loss of BIRC3 results in a significant impairment of TNFα-mediated NF-κB activation signaling cascades.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 355-604 of human BIRC
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Application Notes
This clone has not been tested for IP.
This clone failed to test 4% PFA-fixed Ramos cells permabilized with either methanol or Triton X-100; we do not recommend using the clone for ICC.
This clone produced additional bands between ~65 and 95 kD when tested by WB. These bands were also observed with a control antibody raised with a separate epitope. These bands may represent ubiquitinated BIRC3.
AB_2814506 (BioLegend Cat. No. 667701)
AB_2814507 (BioLegend Cat. No. 667702)
- BIRC3 is a 604 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 68 kD.
Nucleus, cytoplasm/widely expressed
- Inhibits apoptosis
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Antigen References
- Seitz CS, et al. 2000. J. Clin. Invest. 105:253.
- Contze DB, et al. 2005. Mol Cel Biol. 25:3384.
- Rahal R, et al. 2014. Nat. Med. 20:87.
- Gene ID
- 330 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about BIRC3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.