- 7-14-4 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Covance Catalog# SIG-39162
- Rabbit IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Amyloid beta (Aβ or Amyloid beta) denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids in length that are crucially involved in Alzheimer's disease as the main component of the amyloid plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer patients. The peptides result from the amyloid precursor protein (APP), which is cut by certain enzymes to yield Aβ. Aβ molecules can aggregate to form oligomers (known as "seeds") which are believed to be able to induce other Aβ molecules to also take the misfolded oligomeric form, leading to a chain reaction akin to a prion infection. The seeds or the resulting amyloid plaques are toxic to nerve cells. The other protein implicated in Alzheimer's disease, tau protein, also forms such prion-like misfolded oligomers, and there is some evidence that misfolded Aβ can induce tau to misfold.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
ELISA, WB, IHC
IF - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:1,000 - 2,000*
• ELISA: Can be used as capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with 4G8 detection (Ref Cat. No. 800707 Beta-Amyloid, 17-24 (4G8) Monoclonal Antibody, HRP Labeled, or Cat. No. 800701 Beta-Amyloid, 17-24 (4G8) Monoclonal Antibody).
For capture antibody; recommended usage is between 1.0 and 10.0 µg/ml. Recommended blocking buffer is 0.5-1.0% BSA in PBS.
If using Cat. No. 800707 for detection, recommended usage is between 0.25 - 1.0 µg/ml.
• IHC: 1:50 - 1:100 with Biotin-based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501)
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues
Pretreatment: 70% Formic Acid for 20 minutes at room temperature
Primary Incubation: 24 hours at 2-4°C
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), ELISA, and immunohistochemistry (IHC).
WB Positive Control tissue: Alzheimer's brain lysate
*Expected MW: Beta Amyloid 38 (~4 kD)
IHC Positive Control tissue: Human Alzheimer's Brain
This antibody is reactive to the C-terminus of beta amyloid and is specific for the isoform that ends at the 38th amino acid.
- Application References
- Watts JC, et al. 2014. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 28:10323. (IF) PubMed
- Giaccone G, et al. 2012. Acta. Neuropathol. 124:809. (IHC, IF, WB)
- Product Citations
AB_2564771 (BioLegend Cat. No. 808601)
Covered by US patents 5,675,063 and 7,429,487. Sold under license from Epitomics.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid, 1-38 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.