- TS2/9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lymphocyte function-associated antigen 3, LFA-3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD58, also known as lymphocyte function-associated antigen 3 (LFA-3) is a 45-70 kD cell surface protein that is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Alternative splicing of CD58 gives rise to transmembrane and glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored forms on cell surface. CD58 is expressed on both hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells including B cells, T cells, monocytes, erythrocytes, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts. High levels are observed on memory T cells and dendritic cells. CD58 expressed on antigen presenting cells and target cells enhances T cell recognition via the binding of it's cognate ligand, CD2, on the T cell surface.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human cytolytic T cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: immunoprecipitation1, inhibition of cytolytic activity1, augment of IL-1 release by TE cells2
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- Sanchez-Madrid F, et al. 1982. Proc. Nati Acad. Sci. USA. 79:7489
- Le PT, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 144:4541
- Product Citations
AB_2650883 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330915)
AB_2650884 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330916)
- Immunoglobulin superfamily member, 45-70 kD cell surface protein. Alternative splicing gives rise to transmembrane and glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored form on cell surface.
Expressed on both hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells including B cells, T cells, monocytes, erythrocytes, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts. High levels are observed on memory T cells and dendritic cells.
- Mediates adhesion between various cell types (target cells and cytotoxic cells, APC and T cells, thymocytes and thymic epithelia).
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Springer TA, et al. 1987. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 5:223.
2. Dustin ML, et al. 1987. Nature 329:846.
3. Arulanandam AR, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:1861.
4. Sanders ME, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:1401.
- Gene ID
- 965 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD58 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.