- 14G2a (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Disialoganglioside GD2, Ganglioside G2
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Ganglioside GD2 is a sialic acid-containing glycosphingolipid involved in cell attachment to the extracellular matrix. Expression of GD2 in normal tissue is restricted to cells from the central nervous system, peripheral nerves, skin melanocytes, and mesenchymal stem cells. However GD2 is highly expressed by tumors of neuro-ectodermal origin such as melanomas, gliomas, neuroblastomas, and small cell lung carcinoma. GD2 has been proposed as a marker for some cancer stem cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Neuroblastoma cell line LAN-1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cy7 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE/Cy7 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone 14G2a is an isotype switch variant from parental hybridoma 14.18 (IgG3)1. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inducing apoptosis and enhancing cytotoxicity of chemotherapeutic drugs in the neuroblastoma cell line 2. The LEAF™ or Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is recommended for use in cytotoxic and apoptotic studies (contact our custom solutions team). This clone has also been published as 14.G2a.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- Mujoo K, et al. 1989. Cancer Res. 49:2857. (Cyt)
- Kowalczyk A, et al. 2009. Cancer Lett. 281:171. (Apop, Cyt)
- Battula VL, et al. 2012. J. Clin. Invest. 122:2066. (FC)
AB_2563085 (BioLegend Cat. No. 357307)
AB_2563086 (BioLegend Cat. No. 357308)
Neurons, mesenchymal stem cells, highly expressed in tumors of neuro-ectodermal origin, such as melanomas, gliomas, neuroblastomas, and small cell lung carcinoma
- Cell attachment to extracellular matrix
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal cells, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Tarek N, et al. 2012. J. Clin. Invest. 122:3260.
2. Matthay KK, et al. 2012. Clin. Cancer Res. 18:2740.
3. Navid F, et al. 2010. Curr. Cancer Drug Targets. 10:200.
- Gene ID
- 2583 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ganglioside GD2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.