- K036C2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CKR2, CCR2A, CCR2B, CKR2A, CKR2B, CMKBR2, MCP-1-R, CC-CKR-2
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CCR2 is a chemokine receptor that binds monocyte chemoattractant proteins (MCP-1, 2, 3 and 4). Two spliced variants were initially described for CCR2 (CCR2A and CCR2B). These variants differ in their terminal carboxyl tails. Monocyte adhesion to the arterial endothelium and subsequent migration into the intima are central events in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. CCR2 and MCP-1 have been associated to atherosclerotic plaques. MCP-1 is induced by modified-LDL in endothelial cells and may trigger firm adhesion of monocytes to vascular endothelium under flow conditions. Local overexpression of MCP-1 at vessel walls induces infiltration of macrophages and formation of atherosclerotic lesions. Obesity induces an inflammatory state that is implicated in many clinically important complications, including insulin resistance, diabetes, atherosclerosis, and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. CCR2 influences the development of obesity and associated adipose tissue inflammation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CCR2 DNA immunogen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cy7 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE/Cy7 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Product Citations
AB_2562618 (BioLegend Cat. No. 357211)
AB_2562619 (BioLegend Cat. No. 357212)
- Chemokine receptor, GPCR, seven transmembrane receptor
- Monocytes, macrophages, immature dendritic cells, memory T cells
- Induces monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells and chemotaxis
- CCL2 (MCP-1), CCL7 (MCP-3), CCL8 (MCP-2), CCL13 (MCP-4), CCL16 (HCC4)
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Macrophages, Dendritic cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, GPCR
- Antigen References
1. Wong LM, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:1038.
2. Papadopoulou C, et al. 2008. Cytokine 43:181.
3. Barlic J, et al. 2007. J. Leukoc. Biol. 82:226.
4. Gu L, et al. 1998. Mol. Cell 2:275.
5. Volpe S, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e37208.
- Gene ID
- 729230 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD192 on UniProt.org
- Does staining at room temperature or even at 37°C help for checking chemokine receptors expression?
Due to continuous recycling of many chemokine receptors, it may be worthwhile to consider staining at room temperature or at 37°C if the staining at lower temperature (which can potentially reduce receptor turnover) is not optimal.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.