- 15F9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Inducible COStimulatory molecule, H4, CD278
- Syrian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD278 is a 47-57 kD protein, also known as inducible costimulatory molecule (ICOS), or H4. This protein is homologous to the CD28/CTLA-4 proteins. It forms homodimers and is expressed on activated T cells and a subset of thymocytes. It is able to costimulate T cells proliferation. In addition, ICOS has been shown to be involved in humoral immune responses (B cell germinal center formation). The ICOS ligand is B7-H2. ICOS stimulation has been shown to potentiate TCR-mediated IL-4 and IL-10 production and has been proposed to play a role in Th2 cell development. It has also been shown to be involved in airway tolerance and the downregulation of pulmonary inflammation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Syrian Hamster
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining2 of acetone-fixed frozen sections.
- Application References
- Dong C, et al. 2001. Nature 409(6816):97.
- Walker LSK, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:91.
- Product Citations
AB_313334 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107705)
AB_313335 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107706)
This product may be used for research purposes only. It is not licensed for resale and may only be used by the buyer. This product may not be used and is not licensed for clinical assays where the results of such assays are provided as a diagnostic service. If a diagnostic or therapeutic use is anticipated then a license must be requested from the University of California. The availability of such diagnostic and therapeutic use license(s) cannot be guaranteed from the University of California.
- CD28/CTLA-4, 47-57kD
Activated T cells, subset of thymocytes
- Costimulates T cell activation, proliferation, humoral immune response
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Rudd CE, et al. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:544.
- McAdam AJ, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:5035.
- Mak TW, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:765
- Gene ID
- 54167 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ICOS (CD278) on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.