- 55R-286 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TNFR type I, TNFRI, TNFR60, p55, TNFRSF1A
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- 2 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD120a is a 55 kD Type I transmembrane protein, also known as Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Type I (TNFRI) or p55. It is expressed on a variety of cells at low levels. Resting T cells and erythrocytes express very little to no CD120a. This receptor binds both TNF-α and LT-α (also known as TNF-β). In association with TRADD and RIP, the receptor crosslinking induced by TNF-α or LT-α trimers is critical for signal transduction, leading to apoptosis, NF-kB activation, increased expression of proinflammatory genes, tumor necrosis, and cell differentiation depending on cell type and differentiation state.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- E. coli-expressed extracellular domain of the mouse TNFRI protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Flow Cytometry3,4: For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 113003/113004)or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-hamster IgG second step (Cat. No. 405501), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)).
ELISA Capture2: The 55R-286 antibody is useful as a capture antibody when paired with the biotinylated 55R-170 antibody (Cat. No. 112904) as the detecting antibody.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting and immunoprecipitation1.
- Application References
- Pinckard, J.K., et al. 1997. J. Biol Chem. 272:10784. (IP)
- Sheehan, K.C., et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 181:607. (ELISA Capture)
- Schlaepfer, D.D., et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:17450. (FC)
- Bell, J.H., et al. 2007. J. Leukocyte Biol. 82:173. (FC)
- Kuroishi, T., et al. 2008. J. Leukocyte Biol. 83:912.
- Wang K, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e52924. PubMed
- Pereira IR, et al. 2015. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 9:3659. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_313532 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113003)
AB_313533 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113004)
- TNFR superfamily, 55 kD
Variety of cell types at low levels
- Apoptosis, NF-κB activation, inflammation, tumor necrosis, cell differentiation
- TNF-α, LT-α (TNF-β)
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Aggarwal, B. B., et al. 1985. Nature 318 665.
2. Chan, F. K.M., et al. 2000. Science 288:2351.
3. Loetscher, H., et al. 1990. Cell 61:351.
4. Rothe, J., et al. 1993. Nature 364:798.
- Gene ID
- 21937 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD120a on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.