- EBVCS-5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leu-20, FcεRII, IgE Fc Receptor, BLAST-2, B6, Low affinity IgE receptor
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD23 is a 45 kD protein, also known as Leu-20, FcεRII, IgE Fc receptor, BLAST-2, B6, and low affinity IgE receptor. It is a member of the Ig family, expressed on most mature B cells, B cells in follicular mantle (but not in proliferating germinal center cells, follicular dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, Langerhans cells, and a subset of T cells (10-15% of tonsillar T cells). CD23 responds to high levels of IgE by downregulating IgE secretion. In human monocytes, CD23 triggering results in release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including TNF-α, IL-1, IL-6, and GM-CSF. CD23 can be proteolytically cleaved to generate soluble CD23 fragments of various molecular weights. In chronic lymphocytic leukemia, levels of soluble CD23 in the serum can be used as a prognostic marker to identify patients at high risk for disease progression. Alternate splicing of exon 2 can also generate two cell-surface isoforms of CD23 differing by 6 amino acids in their cytoplasmic region.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application References
- Sugden B and Metzenberg S. 1983. J. Virol. 46:800-807.
- Product Citations
AB_1279179 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338507)
AB_1279177 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338508)
- Ig family member, type II transmembrane glycoprotein, 45 kD
B cells, follicular dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, a subset of T cells, Langerhans cells
- Regulation of IgE synthesis in human monocytes; CD23 triggering results in release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including TNF-a, IL-1, IL-6, and GM-CSF
- IgE, CD19/CD21/CD81
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Langerhans cells, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Ludin C, et al. 1987. EMBO J. 6:109.
2. Delespesse G, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 125:77.
3. Flores-Romo L, et al. 1993. Science 261:1038.
4. Armant M, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:1005.
- Gene ID
- 2208 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD23 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.