- Other Names
- Leukemia inhibitory factor, CDF, DIA, HILDA, MLPLI
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|443507||1 Pre-coated Plate||340€|
Human LIF stands for Leukemia Inhibitory Factor. It belongs to the IL-6 family of cytokines, and is a variably glycosylated, secreted protein with a mass of 38-67 kD. The mature form has 180 amino acids, and contains six conserved cysteines which form three intramolecular disulfide bonds. The protein itself forms a four-helix bundle fold. Human LIF shares 78% amino acid identity with mouse LIF.
LIF is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in cellular development, inflammation, immunology, and neoplasia. It often has contradictory effects within different contexts, either stimulating cell proliferation, or inducing differentiation and apoptosis. LIF was originally named for its observed function to promote differentiation of a mouse M1 leukemic myeloid cell line into macrophages. With cultured embryonic stem cells, LIF has been an important laboratory tool to help maintain stem cell pluripotency for cell cultures. It is involved in the mechanisms of embryonic implantation, inflammatory disorders such as arthritis, immunomodulation, carcinogenesis, and neoplasia-associated cachexia.
LIF binds to both LIF Ra and gp130 on the cell surface to form a heterotrimeric complex, which initiates cell signalling through the JAK-STAT pathway. LIF can also activate the MAPK, PI3K, and p53 signaling pathways. Soluble forms of both binding partners do exist in circulation, and potentially serve to further regulate LIF action.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human LIF ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a goat polyclonal anti-human LIF capture antibody. The Detection Antibody is a biotinylated mouse monoclonal anti-human LIF antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human LIF from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human LIF Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human LIF Detection Antibody
- Human LIF Standard
- Matrix A (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 3.95 ± 2.32 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 15.6 - 1,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.