- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granzyme B Pre-coated ELISA Kit, Granzyme 2, cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 1, CTLA1, Serine Protease B, CSP-B, CSPB, Cytotoxic serine protease B, CCP1, Cytotoxic cell protease 1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|439207||1 Pre-coated Plate||370€|
Granzymes are serine proteases that are released by cytoplasmic granules within cytotoxic T cells and natural killer cells. Human Granzyme B is one of the five members of the human granzyme family which includes Granzymes A, B, G, H, and K. Granzyme B is also known as Granzyme 2, serine protease B (CSP-B for cytotoxic serine protease B), and CCP1 (cytotoxic cell protease-1). It is expressed as a 32 kD protein encoded by the GZMB gene. While Granzyme B is mostly expressed by CTL (Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte) and NK cells, it is also expressed in resting and activated plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Much lower levels are found in monocytes, resting T-cells, B-cells, activated granulocytes, and activated monocyte-derived dendritic cells.
Granzyme B is crucial for the rapid induction of target cell apoptosis by CTL in the cell-mediated immune response. Granzyme B and perforin have been shown to induce CTL-mediated target cell DNA fragmentation and apoptosis. Once released from the CTL, Granzyme B binds its receptor, the mannose-6-phosphate/ insulin-like growth factor II receptor, and is endocytosed but remains arrested in endeocytic vesicles until released by perforin. Once in the cytosol, Granzyme B targets caspase-3 and other caspases directly or indirectly through the mitochondria, initiating the caspase cascade which leads to DNA fragmentation and apoptosis.
Elevated Granzyme B levels have been linked with various disease processes. For example, increased levels of soluble granzymes have been found in patients with systemic viral infections. It has also been shown that the presence of a high percentage of Granzyme B positive CTLs in the glands of patients suffering from Hodgkin's disease correlates with a severe prognosis. Synovial fluid from rheumatoid arthritis patients has elevated soluble Granzyme A and B levels compared with healthy donors and patients with osteoarthrosis.
BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Human Granzyme B ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a human Granzyme B -specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Human Granzyme B ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Human Granzyme B from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human Granzyme B Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human Granzyme B Dectection Antibody
- Human Granzyme B Standard
- Avidin-HRP E
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Verified Reactivity
- Product Citations
- 2.4 ± 1.2 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 9.4-600 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- Cytotoxic T-cells and NK cells, low on granulocytes, B cells and activated dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Proteases
- Gene ID
- 3002 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Granzyme B on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.