- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 34, C16orf77
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Please contact our sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
IL-34 is a secreted glycoprotein, synthesized as a 242 amino acid precursor that contains a 20 amino acid signal sequence and a 222 amino acid mature chain. Mature human IL-34 form a homodimer, consisting of 39 kD monomers. IL-34 is highly conserved among mammals. Human IL-34 has sequence identity of 99.6%, 72% and 71% with chimpanzee, rat, and mouse IL-34, respectively.
IL-34 is widely expressed in many tissues, but most abundant in the spleen. IL-1β and TNF-α can induce the expression of IL-34 mRNA in osteoblasts. Also, IL-34 is induced in macrophages infected with equine infectious anemia virus (EIAV). Functionally, IL-34 increases monocyte viability, induces macrophage proliferation, and synergizes with other cytokines to generate macrophages and osteoclasts from cultured progenitors. Although IL-34 has no sequence homology with M-CSF (also CSF-1), it binds to the CSFR, the same receptor for M-CSF. IL-34 and M-CSF show an equivalent ability to support cell growth or survival, but they are not identical in biological activity and signal activation. These cytokines also have differing abilities to induce the production of chemokines (MCP-1 and eotaxin-2) in primary macrophages.
IL-34 has been implicated in some disease processes. For example, IL-34 expression is associated with synovitis severity in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients. IL-34 elevation in plasma from RA patients was decreased after the administration of disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Also, strategies of targeting CSF1/CSF1R are already in preclinical and clinical studies for treatment of inflammatory diseases. In addition, it has been shown that IL-34 can enhance the neuroprotective property of microglia and therefore, this may be an effective approach against oAβ (oligomeric β-amyloid) neurotoxicity in Alzheimer’s disease. The IL-34 ELISA Max Set will be a very useful tool for those involved in the IL-34 research efforts.
BioLegend's Human IL-34 ELISA MAX™ is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which human IL-34 specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
- Kit Contents
- Human IL-34 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human IL-34 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human IL-34 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution A
- Substrate Solution B
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent B (5X)
- Matrix Diluent A
- Verified Reactivity
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 33.4 pg/ml
- Standard Range
- 78.1-5,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Cell Sources
- IL-34 mRNA is expressed in different tissues, including spleen, heart, brain, lung, liver, kidney, thymus, testes, ovary, small intestine, prostate, and colon
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 146433 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-34 on UniProt.org
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.