- HP-3G10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD161 is a type II transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as NKR-P1A, that is expressed as a 40-44 kD homodimer. It is a member of the C-type lectin superfamily. CD161 is expressed on a majority of NK cells, NKT cells, and subsets of peripheral T cells and CD3+ thymocytes. It has been reported that Th17 cells are a subpopulation of CD4+CD161+CCR6+ cells. While the biological function of CD161 is not clear, it has been suggested to serve either as a stimulatory receptor or to inhibit NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity and cytokine production. LLT-1 (lectin-like transcript-1, also named as osteoclast inhibitory lectin or CLEC2D) is the ligand of CD161.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human NK cells
µg size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
test sizes: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
µg sizes: 0.2 mg/ml
test sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application. For flow cytometric staining using the test sizes, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of cytokine production and Western blotting under nonreducing conditions.
- Application References
- Gumß M, et al. 2004. Blood 104:3664.
- Exley M, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 188:867.
- Marquez C, et al. 1998. Blood 91:2760.
- Product Citations
AB_1574986 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339905)
AB_2564140 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339936)
AB_2234362 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339906)
- Type II glycoprotein, 40-44 kD homodimer, C-type lectin superfamily
NK cells, T subset, subset of CD3+ thymocytes
- LLT-1 (Lectin-like transcript-1)
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Takahashi T, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:211.
2. Cosmi L, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:1903.
3. Aldemir H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:7791.
4. Rosen DB, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:6508.
- Gene ID
- 3820 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD161 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.