- FF26A/F9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
This mouse monoclonal GAPDH antibody recognizes human GAPDH, also known as glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase. GAPDH is well known for its glycolytic function of converting D-glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate to 1,3-bisphosphoglycerate. GAPDH is a ubiquitously expressed and has a molecular mass of 36 kD. Though differentially expressed from tissue to tissue, GAPDH is frequently used as a loading control for assays involving mRNA and protein detection. In more recent studies, GAPDH has been shown to be involved in microtubule bundling, prostate cancer progression, programmed neuronal cell death, DNA replication, and DNA repair. Recent work has elucidated roles for GAPDH in apoptosis, gene expression and nuclear transport. GAPDH may also play a role in neurodegenerative pathologies such as Huntington and Alzheimer's diseases. The FF26A/F9 monoclonal antibody has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CD4 lymphocytes
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:2000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
The optimal concentration should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
Clone FF26A/F9 is only reactive to human GAPDH, and not cross-reactive to mouse or rat GAPDH.
- Application References
- Maestre L, et al. 2009. Haematologica. 94:419.
- Zou L, et al. 2012. J Biol. Chem. 287:7190. PubMed
- Chen CY, et al. 2012. PNAS. 110:630 PubMed
- Trifari S, et al. 2013. PNAS. PubMed
- Liu CC, et al. 2013. Mol. Cell Biol. 33:4334. PubMed
- Trifari S, et al. 2013. PNAS. 110:18608. PubMed
- Butin-Israeli V, et al. 2015. Mol. Cell Biol. 35:884. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2734517 (BioLegend Cat. No. 649204)
AB_2566698 (BioLegend Cat. No. 649203)
- Belongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family, predicted molecular weight 36 kD. The enzyme exists as a tetramer of identical chains.
Ubiquitously expressed, locate in cytoplasm and perinuclear region.
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) catalyzes an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism, the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). Independent of its glycolytic activity it is also involved in membrane trafficking in the early secretion pathway.
- Interacts with TPPP. Interacts with EIF1ADand WARS. Interacts with SUMO4, GLUT4, nPKC-iota and CAMK2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Signal Transduction, Western Blot Controls
- Antigen References
1. Ercolani L, et al. 1988. J. Biol. Chem. 263:15335.
2. Meyer-Siegler K, et al. 1991. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88:8460.
3. Hara MR and Snyder SH. 2006. Cell Mol. Neurobiol. 26:527.
4. Zheng L, et al. 2003. Cell. 114:255.
5. Wang Q, et al. 2005. FASEB J. 19:869.
6. Bae BI, et al. 2006. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 103:3405.
- Gene ID
- 5590 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GAPDH on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All GAPDH Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-GAPDH||FF26A/F9||WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.