- 20A1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Transcription intermediary factor 1-beta, KRAB-associated protein, TRIM28, KAP-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TIFβ (transcription intermediary factor 1-beta) is an 88 kD member of the tripartite motif family. This protein contains three zinc binding domains, a RING domain, a B-box type 1 and type 2 domain, and a coiled-coil region. TIFβ is found in the nucleus and associates with specific chromatin regions. This protein forms a complex with KRAB-domain transcription factors and recruits SETDB1 to histone 3 to increase KRAB-mediated transcriptional repression. TIF1β has been reported to interact with SETDB1 and CBX3 proteins. Studies using knockout mice reveal the important function of TIF1β in regulating genomic imprinting, T cell activation, and T cell tolerance.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.25 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence1, Western blotting1 and chromatin immunoprecipitation1.
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
This clone may produce increased background by western blot when used at concentrations exceeding 0.1 µg/mL.
- Application References
- Chang CW, et al. 2008 BMC Mol. Biol. 9:61. (WB, IF, ChIP)
AB_2616773 (BioLegend Cat. No. 619310)
- Tripartite motif family, contains three zinc-binding domains, a RING, a B-box type 1 and 2 domain, and a coiled-coil region. Predicted molecular weight approximately 110 kD
Nuclear, associates with specific chromatin regions
- Forms a complex with KRAB-domain transcription factor and recruits SETDB1 to histone 3 to increase KRAB-mediated transcriptional repression
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Ryan RF, et al. 1999. Mol. Cell. Biol. 19:4366.
2. Schultz DC, et al. 2002. Genes Dev. 16:919.
3. Moosmann PR, et al. 1996. Nucleic Acids Res. 24:4859.
4. Friedman JR, et al. 1996. Genes Dev. 10:2067.
5. Messerschmidt DM, et al. 2012. Science 335:1499.
6. Chikuma S, et al. 2012. Nat. Immunol. 13:596.
- Gene ID
- 10155 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TIF1β on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
|Purified anti-TIF1β (KAP-1, TRIM28)||20A1||WB, ICC, ChIP|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-TIF1β (KAP-1, TRIM28)||20A1||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-TIF1β (KAP-1, TRIM28)||20A1||ICC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-TIF1β (KAP-1, TRIM28)||20A1||ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.