- 5D3-F7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, Monocyte chemoattractant and activating factor (MCAF), JE, Small inducible cytokine A2 (SCYA2), HC-11, P6, Smooth muscle cell chemotactic factor (SMC-CF), CCL2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) also known as monocyte chemotactic and activating factor (MCAF) was identified based on its ability to chemoattract monocytes. Subsequently, MCP-1 has also been found to regulate adhesion molecule expression and cytokine production in monocytes. MCP-1 is identical to the product of the JE gene, a PDGF inducible gene. MCP-1 is a member of the beta (C-C) chemokine subfamily, known as CCL2. The 5D3-F7 antibody reacts with human monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human MCP-1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection, ICFC
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.5-2 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of MCP-1 recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 15 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1: The biotinylated 5D3-F7 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the purified 2H5 antibody (Cat. No. 505902/505906) as the capture antibody.
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture: The purified 5D3-F7 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated 2H5 antibody (Cat. No. 505908) as the detection antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 502607) is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: intracellular flow cytometry2, immunoprecipitation1,3, Western blotting1, and immunohistochemical staining1.
- Application References
- Peri, G., et al. 1994. J. Immunol. Meth. 174:249. (IP, IHC, WB)
- Rezaie-Majd, A., et al. 2002. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 22:1194. (ICFC)
- Hirsch, A., et al. 1999. J. Virol. 73:404. (IP)
AB_315247 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502608)
AB_315248 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502609)
- CC chemokine; dimer; 13.8 kD (Mammalian)
- Chemoattractant; regulate adhesion molecule expression, cytokine production in monocytes; proliferation/activation of CC-chemokine activated killer cells
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, vascular endothelial cells, smooth muscle, glomerular mesangial cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, basophils, T cells, NK cells, immature dendritic cells
- CCR2; CCR5; CCR10; D6; possibly L-CCR
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Bischoff S, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:1271.
3. Charo I, et al. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:2752.
4. Jiang Y, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:2423.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF-α, PDGF, TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 6347 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL2 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|PE anti-human MCP-1||5D3-F7||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human MCP-1||5D3-F7||ELISA Capture, WB, ELISA, ELISPOT Detection, ICFC, IHC, IP|
|Biotin anti-human MCP-1||5D3-F7||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection, ICFC|
|APC anti-human MCP-1||5D3-F7||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human MCP-1||5D3-F7||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.