- 1A5 (See other available formats)
- VII 70443
- Other Names
- OBBP2, CD33L2, OB-BP2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD170, also known as Siglec-5, is a single pass transmembrane protein member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. On the cell surface, CD170 forms a 140 kD dimer. The cytoplasmic domain of Siglec-5 contains two ITIM motifs that recruit the tyrosine-phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 after tyrosine-phosphorylation, which in turn results in the inhibition of cell signaling. Siglec-5 is expressed by granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, subsets of lymphocytes, and a subset of activated dendritic cells. Siglec-5 binds α2,3- and α2,6-linked sialic acid as well as glycophorin A, and is involved in cell adhesion.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Bonobo, Gorilla2
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Extracellular region of Siglec-5
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The 1A5 antibody cross-reacts with Siglec-144. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA2.
- Application References
- Cornish AL, et al. 1998. Blood 92:2123.
- Nguyen DH, et al. 2006. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103:7765. (FC, ELISA)
- Connolly NP, et al. 2002. Br. J. Haematol. 119:221.
- Angata T, et al. 2006. FASEB J. 20:1964.
- Avril T, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:19843.
AB_2564261 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352005)
AB_2564262 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352006)
- Member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, single pass transmembrane protein, forms a 140 kD dimer; cytoplasmic domain contains two ITIM motifs
- Granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, subsets of lymphocytes, and activated dendritic cells
- Inhibitory receptor, cell adhesion
- SHP-1, SHP-2
- α2,3- and α2,6-linked sialic acid, glycophorin A
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Monocytes, Macrophages, Lymphocytes, Dendritic cells, B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules, Siglec Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Soto PC, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:4185.
2. Carlin AF, et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206:1691.
3. Zhuravleva MA. 2008. J. Mol. Biol. 375:437.
- Gene ID
- 8778 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD170 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.