- HTA28 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
H3 is a core component of the nucleosome that serves to wrap and compact DNA into chromatin. Histones therefore, limit the accessibility of DNA, providing mechanisms for transcription regulation, DNA repair and replication and chromosomal stability. During mitosis, H3 is phosphorylated at serine 28.This phosphorylation coincides with chromosome condensation initiated at prophase and disappears at late anaphase. H3 has been demonstrated to be phosphorylated by the action of MLTK-α (mixed linage kinase-like mitogen activated protein triple kinase α) in response to ultraviolet B light and epidermal growth factor, as well as Aurora-B during mitosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 23-35 of human histone H3.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent intracellular staining with flow cytometric analysis. Please follow the Cell Fixation and Permeabilization Protocol Using 70% Ethanol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
- Application References
- Hirata A, et al. 2004. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 52:1503.
- Goto H, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:25543.
- Ozawa K. 2008. Cytometry A 73:517.
- Goode NJ, et al. 2014. PLoS Genet. 10:1004323. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1279419 (BioLegend Cat. No. 641005)
AB_1279418 (BioLegend Cat. No. 641006)
- H3 is part of the nucleosome, comprised of an octameric complex with H2A, H2B, and H4 proteins.
- H3 is a core component of the nucleosome that serves to wrap and compact DNA into chromatin. Histones therefore, limit the accessibility of DNA, providing mechanisms for transcription regulation, DNA repair and replication and chromosomal stability.
- Two molecules of H3 form a heterotetramer with two molecules of H4.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, DNA Repair/Replication, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Choi HS, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:13545.
2. Goto H, et al. 2002. Genes Cells 7:11.
3. Garcia BA, et al. 2005. Biochemistry 44:13202.
- H3 is regulated by acetylation, methylation, citrullination, phosphorylation, and ubiquitination.
- Gene ID
- 8290 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Phosphorylated Histone H3 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28) (Maxpar® Ready)||HTA28||WB, CyTOF®|
|PE anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)||HTA28||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)||HTA28||ICC|
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-Histone H3 Phospho (Ser28)||HTA28||WB|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)||HTA28||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)||HTA28||ICFC|
|Purified anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)||HTA28||WB, CyTOF®, ICC, IP, ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)||HTA28||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)
Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-Histone H3 Phospho (Ser28)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)
Purified anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Histone H3-Phosphorylated (Ser28)