TNFRSF9, also known as 4-1BB and CD137, is a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily (TNFRSF). It is a costimulatory receptor similar to OX40, CD27, CD30, and CD40. The interaction of TNFRSF9 and its ligand, TNFSF9, leads to the activation of cytotoxic T cells, reactivation of anergic T lymphocytes, and induces T cell proliferation. TNFRSF9/TNFSF9 preferentially enhances the expansion of CD8+ T cells rather than CD4+ T cells, through the increase of IL-2Rα (CD25) and IL-2 expressions in CD8+ T cells. Among the TNFRSF members, TNFRSF9 is the most potent inducers of IL-2Rα expression on CD8+ T cells. In vivo studies with TNFSF9 knockout mice and with the agonistic anti-TNFRSF9 monoclonal antibody showed that TNFRSF9/TNFSF9 interaction keeps optimal CD8 T-cell mediated immune response against viral infections and tumors. The mouse TNFRSF9 has 60% identity to the human receptor at the amino acid level.Product Details
- Mouse TNFRSF9, amino acids (Val24-Leu187) (Accession# NM_001077509), was expressed in 293E cells with a C-terminal human IgG-Fc-tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 398 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 43.9 kD. The protein migrates in DTT-reducing and non-reducing conditions at approximately 60 kD and 120 kD by SDS-PAGE respectively. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Val.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg of protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.) Please note, new lots of the 100 µg size will be lot-specific and may differ from previous lots that had a fixed concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Mouse TNFRSF9 activity was measured by a binding assay. Immobilized mouse TNFRSF9 binds TNFSF9 with an ED50 = 0.2 - 1.2 µg/ml.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Activated T cells, natural killer cells, macrophages, neutrophils, dendritic cells, eosinophils, Tregs, activated B cells, mast cells, and endothelial cells in tumor capillaries.
- Proliferation of T cells, activates their effector functions, survival, and establishes immunological memory.
- Activated antigen presenting cells, macrophages, B cells, B cell lymphoma, dendritic cells, a small fraction of T cells, epithelial, and endothelial cells.
- TNFSF9 and CD137L.
- Mouse TNFRSF9 binds to TNFSF9.
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Pollok KE, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:367.
2. Watts TH. 2005. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 23:23-68.
3. Zhu Y, et al. 2007. Blood 109:4882.
4. Locatelli F. 2009. Blood 11:2208.
5. Wang J, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:7654.
6. Eun SY, et al. 2015. J. Immunol. 1:134-41.
7. Spencer AJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One 9:e105520.
8. Yi L, et al. 2014. PLoS One 1:e86337.
- Gene ID
- 21942 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD137 on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.