- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T-Cell Immunoreceptor with Ig and ITIM domains, T cell Ig and ITIM domain (TIGIT), V-Set and Immunoglobulin Domain-Containing Protein 9 (VSIG9), V-Set and Transmembrane Domain-Containing Protein 3 (VSTM3), WUCAM
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
TIGIT (T-cell immunoreceptor with Ig and ITIM domains precursor), containing an immunoglobulin variable domain, a transmembrane domain and an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif. TIGIT is an inhibitory receptor expressed on the surface of natural killer (NK) cells. TIGIT recognizes nectin and nectin-like adhesion molecules and thus plays a critical role in the innate immune response to malignant transformation. TIGIT in conjunction CD226 forms a pathway that has prominent similarities to the costimulatory CD28/CTLA-4 pathway. CD226 and TIGIT bind the same set of ligands (CD155 and CD112) and CD226 is a positive regulator of T cell responses, while TIGIT inhibits them. Knockdown of TIGIT expression in human CD4+ T cells results in an increase of both T-bet and IFNγ mRNA and protein expression. These effects are overcome by blocking CD226 signaling indicating that TIGIT exerts immunosuppressive effects by competing with CD226 for the same ligand CD155. The binding of CD115 to TIGIT on human dendritic cells enhanced the production of interleukin 10 and diminished the production of interleukin 12p40. TIGIT shows inhibitory effect in cell-signaling pathway in murine models of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). Loss of TIGIT expression in mice results in hyperproliferative T cell responses and increased susceptibility to EAE.Product Details
- Human TIGIT amino acids (Met22 – Pro141) (Accession # NM_173799) was expressed in 293E cells. The carboxy terminus contains SRIEGRMD-hIgG-Fc-6His tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 364 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 40.6 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 50 kD and 100 kD by SDS-PAGE respectively. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Met.
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE gel as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Human TIGIT was tested by functional ELISA. Human TIGIT binds to immobilized recombinant human CD155 at 2 µg/ml in a dose dependent manner. The ED50 is 20 - 100 ng/ml.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Human follicular B helper T cells (TFH), regulatory, memory and activated T cells, NK cells.
- Immunosuppressive effects by binding CD115 and modulating cytokine production by DC. Inhibits NK cell cytotoxicity. Inhibits T cell functions by competing with CD226. Tregs TIGIT+ cells suppress proinflammatory Th1 and Th17 cell, but not Th2 cell responses.
- Dendritic cells, monocytes.
- Poliovirus receptor (PVR / CD155) and nectin-2 (PRR-2/CD112).
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Yu X, et al. 2009. Nat. Immunol. 10:48.
2. Stanietsky N, et al. 2009. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 106:17858.
3. Joller N, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:1338.
4. Tahara-Hanaoka S, et al. 2004. Int. Immunol. 16:533.
5. Lozano E, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:3869-75.
6. Joller N, et al. 2014. Immunity. 40:569.
7. Deuss FA, et al. 2017. J. Biol. Chem. 292:11413.
- Gene ID
- 201633 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TIGIT-Fc Chimera on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)