- 3H7-C8-B9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tripartite Motif Containing 33,TIF1G,RFG7.TIFGAMMA,TF1G,PTC7,E3 Ubiquitin-Protein Ligase,RING-Type E3 Ubiquitin Transferase,RET-Fused Gene 7,KIAA1113,Ectodermin,Transcription intermediary factor 1-gamma
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TIF1γ/TRIM33, belonging to the tripartite motif-containing (TIF) protein family, is a multifunctional protein that regulates hematopoiesis, DNA repair, mitosis, and transcription elongation. Just as with other TIF/TRIM family members, TIF1γ/TRIM33 contains a conservative RBCC/TRIM motif at the N terminus and a PHD/ bromodomain at the C terminus. TIF1γ/TRIM33 suppresses the TGF-beta/BMP signaling pathway via monoubiquitylation of SMAD4 or the binding of phosphorylated SMAD2/3. Through its E3 ubiquitin ligase function, TIF1γ/TRIM33 decreases nuclear beta-catenin expression and suppresses tumorigenesis and tumor cell proliferation. TIF1γ/TRIM33’s tumor suppressive properties have been observed in hepatocellular carcinoma, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, and pancreatic cancer. It has also been observed to reduce the stability of HIV-1 viral integrase to restrict HIV-1 infection.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli derived recombinant fragment of human TIF1γ/TRIM33
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.25 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product is not recommended for use in IHC-P.
For immunocytochemistry staining, the suggested fixation method is 4% paraformaldehyde.
AB_2936736 (BioLegend Cat. No. 611251)
AB_2936736 (BioLegend Cat. No. 611252)
- TIF1γ/TRIM33 is a 1127 amino acid protein with an expected molecular weight of 123 kD. It contains a RING domain, two B-box domains, and a coiled-coil domain (RBCC) at the N terminus; a plant homeodomain (PHD) and a bromodomain at the C terminus.
Ubiquitous/ Mainly nuclear, some cytosolic
- Acts as E3 ubiquitin ligase to ubiquitylate target proteins, transcription inhibitor of TGF-beta/BMP pathway
- Homooligomer and heterooligomer with TRIM24 and TRIM28; interacts with SMAD2, SMAD3, and SMAD4.
- Biology Area
- Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Ligases, Tumor Suppressors
- Antigen References
- Xue J, et al. 2015. Nat Commun. 6:6156.
- Herquel B, et al. 2011. Proc Natl Acad Sci U. S. A. 108:8212-7.
- Ali H, et al. 2019. Nat Commun. 10:926.
- Gene ID
- 51592 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TIF1gamma/TRIM33 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.