- CPTAC-14d-58-11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Ferritin Light Chain
- Rabbit IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Ferritin is a ubiquitously expressed protein that controls iron storage and releases in a non-toxic form. The majority of ferritin in vivo is cytoplasmic, although iron-binding ferritin is also secreted into the serum. Clinically, plasma/serum ferritin has been used as a marker for total iron detection in the body, and thus could function as a diagnostic tool for iron-deficiency and anemia. Dysregulation of iron in the brain has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease. Recent studies have shown that ferritin light chain interacts with presenilin enhancer 2 (PEN-2) affecting its γ-secretase activity, which impacts amyloid beta (Aβ) production and deposition.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 0.2 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.1 - 2.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2861086 (BioLegend Cat. No. 858901)
- Ferritin light chain is a 175 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~20 kD.
Tissue distribution: Ubiquitously expressed in all tissues
Cellular distribution: Cytoplasmic and extracellular
- Ferritin light chain stores and buffers intracellular iron.
- Forms oligomers of 24 unit.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Macrophages, Microglia, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Neurotrophic Factors
- Antigen References
- Morris G, et al. 2018. Behav Brain Res. 341:154.
- Philpott CC, et al. 2017. J Biol Chem. 292(31):12764.
- Gene ID
- 2512 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ferritin Light Chain on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.