- W20081E (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Dynamin-1-like protein (DNM1L), Dnm1p/Vps1p-like protein (DVLP), Dynamin family member proline-rich carboxyl-terminal domain less (DYMPLE), Dynamin-like protein 1 (DLP1), Dynamin-related protein 1 (DRP1)
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Dynamin-1-like protein (DNM1L) is a member of the dynamin superfamily of GTPases. Its best studied role is in the control of mitochondrial fission. DNM1L oligomerizes into filaments that form rings around the scission site to “pinch off” dividing mitochondria using GTP hydrolysis. Accordingly, DNM1L also has important functions in the mitochondrial dynamics of cell proliferation and apoptosis. DNM1L is also required for proper formation of the nervous system, and deficiencies in its functions have been linked to Alzheimer’s Disease.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human DNM1L protein fragments
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 2.5 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
For Western Blot, higher molecular weight band (≈100 kDa) likely corresponds to SUMOylated DNM1L (e.g. Figueroa-Romer, et al. 2009).
For ICC, we recommend fixation/permeabilization with 100% ice cold methanol alone. Alternatively, 4% paraformaldehyde fixation followed by permeabilization with ice cold methanol is possible. We do not recommend 4% paraformaldehyde fixation followed by permeabilization with 0.5% Triton-X, due to incorrect signal localization.
Not recommended for use in IHC-P (human).
AB_2922636 (BioLegend Cat. No. 603851)
AB_2922636 (BioLegend Cat. No. 603852)
- DNM1L is a 736 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 81.8 kD.
DNM1L is widely expressed in the cytoplasm, mitochondria, and peroxisomes of most tissues.
- DNM1L is a GTPase
- Biology Area
- Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Mitochondrial Function
- Molecular Family
- Cytoskeletal Proteins, GTPases
- Antigen References
- Oliver D and Reddy PH. 2019. Cells. 8:961.
- Reddy PH, et al. 2011. Brain Res Rev. 67:103-18.
- Gene ID
- 10059 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DNM1L on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.