- H7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide, 18 kD cationic antimicrobial protein, CRAMP, CAP18, cathelicidin LL-37
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Antimicrobial peptides (AMP) are effector molecules of the innate immune system with direct antimicrobioal and immunomodulatory effects. AMP are produced by epithelial and professional host defense cells such as macrophages or neutrophils. AMP directly inactivate microorganisms and, in addition, have diverse activities on various cell types. In mammals, peptides of the defensin and the cathelicidin families are found. hCAP-18 is the only cathelicidin present in humans. hCAP-18 is a 170 amino acid cathelicidin anti-microbial precursor protein that is proteolytically processed to yield the antibacterial peptide LL-37. The precursor hCAP-18 is found in the specific granules of neutrophils and is expressed in many immune and epithelial cells. Cathelicidin has an established role in host defense. In addition to their direct antimicrobial function, cathelicidin peptides are involved in the modulation of repair and tissue homeostasis, epithelial wound healing, chemoattraction of immune cells, and release of inflammatory mediators from epithelial cells. Recent studies also found that LL-37 significantly regulates endocytic capacity, modifies expression of phagocytic receptors, increases secretion of Th1-inducing cytokines of dendritic cells (DC) generated from blood monocytes, and modulates the response of monocytes and DC to toll like receptor (TLR)–ligands. Moreover LL-37 also modulates the response of neutrophils to bacterial activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially purified human neutrophil membrane proteins, with epitope mapping to amino acids 115-121
This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2,
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IF, IP, FC - Reported by the developer
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting the suggested working dilution is 2 µg per ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Monoclonal antibody H7 is useful in detecting hCAP-18 expression by Western blot. Other applications such as IF, IP and flow cytometry for this antibody have also been reported.
- Application References
- Stie J, et al. 2007. J. Leuk. Biol. 82:161. (FC)
- Ding W, et al. 2013. Blood. 121:996. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_10708096 (BioLegend Cat. No. 650302)
- 170 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 19.3 kD.
- It is an antimicrobial protein found in specific granules of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It binds to bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPS) and has antibacterial activity.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Cowland JB, et al. 1995. FEBS Lett. 368:173.
2. Zasloff M. 2002. Nature 415:389.
3. Zanetti M. 2005. Curr. Issues Mol. Biol. 7:179.
4. Nizet V, et al. 2001. Nature 414:454.
5. Davidson DJ, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:1146.
6. Kandler K, et al. 2006. Int. Immunol. 18:1729.
7. Yang D, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:1069.
8. Stie J, et al. 2007. J. Leuk. Biol. 82:161.
9. Alalwani SM, et al. 2010. Eur. J. Immunol. 40:1118.
- Gene ID
- 820 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CAP-18 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.