- 9E9A8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Dendritic Cell-Specific Intercellular adhesion molecule 3 (ICAM-3)-Grabbing Nonintegrin
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD209, known as Dendritic Cell-Specific Intercellular adhesion molecule 3 (ICAM-3)-Grabbing Nonintegrin (DC-SIGN), is a 44 kD type II transmembrane glycoprotein and a member of the C-type lectin family. CD209 is expressed on myeloid dendritic cells, placental macrophages, liver and placental endothelial cells. CD209 binds to ICAM-3 (CD50), ICAM-2 (CD102), and Butyrophilin (BTN2A1), and mediates dendritic cell migration and T cell proliferation. Importantly, CD209 is a receptor of HIV-1 and some other viruses (such as West Nile virus, hepatitis C virus, etc), and some bacteria or parasites. It plays a critical role in capturing and internalizing those pathogens. LSP1 (leukocyte-specific protein 1) interacts with the cytoplasmic domain of CD209 and mediates transport of HIV to the proteasome.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Extracellular domain of human DC-SIGN
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
- Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per 106 cells or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections1.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- Granelli-Piperno A, et al. 2005. J Immunol. 175:4265. (IHC-F)
- Product Citations
AB_1236473 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330109)
AB_1236468 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330110)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Granelli-Piperno A, et al. 2005. J Immunol. 175:4265.
- Gene ID
- 30835 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD209 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.