- GHI/61 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI M38
- Other Names
- GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, Hemoglobin/Haptoglobin Complex Receptor, macrophage-associated antigen, ED2(rat)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD163 is a member of the group B scavenger receptor cysteine-rich superfamily, also known as GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, hemoglobin-haptoglobin complex receptor, or macrophage-associated antigen. It is a 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein primarily expressed on macrophages, Kupffer cells, monocytes, a subset of dendritic cells, and a subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. CD163 binds to haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex and TWEAK, and plays a role in clearing hemoglobin and regulating cytokine production by macrophages. Membrane CD163 can be cleaved by metalloproteinases (MMP), resulting in a soluble form. Elevated serum level of sCD163 has been implicated in many kinds of inflammatory diseases.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone GHI/61 binds to domain 7 of CD163. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunocytochemical staining, immunoprecipitation, and western blot.1
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- Pulford K, et al. 1992. Immunology 75:588. (ICC, IP, WB)
- Law SK, et al. 1993. Eur. J. Immunol. 23:2320.
- Madsen M, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:51561.
- Kim WK, et al. 2006. Am. J. Pathol. 168:822. (FC)
- Buttari B, et al. 2011. Atherosclerosis. 215:316. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562640 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333613)
AB_2562641 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333614)
- 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein, scavenger receptor superfamily
Monocytes, macrophages, Kuffer cells, subset of dendritic cells, subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells
- Clearance of haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, regulation of cytokine production by macrophages
- Haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, TWEAK
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Roth J, et al. 1994 Transolantation. 57:127
2. Van den Heuvel MM, et al.1999 J. Leukoc. Biol. 66:858
3. Sulahian TH, et al. 2000 Cytokines 12:1312
4. Fabriek BO, et al. 2007 J. Neuroimmunol. 187:179
- Gene ID
- 9332 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD163 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.