- 15B8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- β-catenin, CTNNB1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
β catenin is part of a complex of proteins that constitute adherens junctions (AJs). AJs are necessary for the creation and maintenance of epithelial cell layers by regulating cell growth and adhesion between cells. The encoded protein also anchors the actin cytoskeleton and may be responsible for transmitting the contact inhibition signal that causes cells to stop dividing once the epithelial sheet is complete. β catenin also plays a key role in Wnt signaling pathways and thus is involved in neural differentiation, synaptic plasticity, neurodegenerative disease, and prevention of apoptosis. This protein also binds to adenomatous polyposis coli, which is mutated in the adenomatous polyposis of the colon.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application References
- Guo J, et al. 2018. Cell Res. 28:1141 (IHC-P)
- Kisoh K, et al. 2017. Mol Neurobiol. 54:7917 (WB)
- Uribe RA, et al. 2015. J Cell Biol. 4:815 (IHC-F)
AB_2927830 (BioLegend Cat. No. 862605)
- β Catenin is a 781 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 86 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane, cytoskeleton, nucleus, cytosol, and extracellular
- β Catenin is a dual functional protein involved in cell-cell adhesion and gene transcription.
- E-cadherin/CDH1, LEF1, TCF4, etc.
- Antigen References
- Dias C, et al. 2014. Nature. 516(7529): 51
- Rosiles A, et al. 2016. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 15(1):3
- Na K, et al. 2017. Anticancer Res. 37(6):3249
- Zhu P, et al. 2018. Cancer Res Treat. 50(4):1452
- Gene ID
- 1499 View all products for this Gene ID 12387 View all products for this Gene ID 84353 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta Catenin 1 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-β Catenin 1||15B8||WB,IHC-P,ICFC|
|PE anti-β Catenin 1||15B8||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-β Catenin 1||15B8||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.