- 7E.17G9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Inducible COStimulatory molecule, H4
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 7E.17G9 antibody reacts with the 47-57 kD ICOS protein, also known as inducible costimulatory molecule, and H4. This protein is homologous to the CD28/CTLA-4 proteins. ICOS is expressed on activated T cells and a subset of thymocytes and can costimulate T cells and induce proliferation. In addition ICOS has been shown to be involved in humoral immune responses (B cell germinal center formation). The ICOS ligand, B7h/B7RP-1 and B7-H2 is constitutively expressed in B cell areas of secondary lymphoid organs and can be induced in other tissues by LPS. ICOS stimulation has been shown to potentiate TCR-mediated IL-4 and IL-10 production and has been proposed to play a role in Th2 cell development. ICOS stimulation has been shown to be involved in airway tolerance and the downregulation of pulmonary inflammation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse ICOS cDNA and ICOS hexahistidine fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of ligand binding. The LEAF™ format is suggested for blocking studies.
- Application References
- Akbari O, et al. 2002. Nat. Med. 8:1024.
- Harada H, et al. 2003. J. Clin. Invest. 112:234.
- McAdam AJ, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:5035. (FC Block)
- Tan SL, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:2872. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_961244 (BioLegend Cat. No. 117405)
AB_2122712 (BioLegend Cat. No. 117406)
- CD28/CTLA-4, 47-57kD
- Activated T cells, subset of thymocytes
- Costimulates T cell activation, proliferation, humoral immune response
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Rudd CE, et al. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:544.
2. McAdam AJ, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:5035.
3. Mak TW, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:765
- Gene ID
- 54167 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD278 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.