- 1B1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CD1, CD1.1, Ly-38
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD1d, known as CD1.1 and Ly-38, is a 48 kD type I membrane glycoprotein with structural similarities to MHC class I and is non-covalently associated with β2-microglobulin. In humans, CD1 family consists of group I proteins (CD1a, CD1b, and CD1c), group II (CD1d), and group III (CD1e). But CD1d is the only CD1 molecule has been found in mouse. Mouse CD1d has broad tissue distribution, and is found on leukocytes, dendritic cells, epithelial cells, and thymocytes. CD1d plays a role in non-peptide glycolipid antigen presentation to CD1d-restricted T cells. It has been shown that PKCδ is a critical regulator of CD1d-mediated antigen presentation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse Cd1.1 cDNA-transfected RMA-S mouse T lymphoma
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC, IP, Block - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistical staining, and blocking function3.
This product is for research use only and is not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this product to produce products for sale or for diagnostic, therapeutic or drug discovery purposes is prohibited. In order to obtain a license to use this product for commercial purposes, contact the Regents of the University of California.
- Application References
- Fischer K, et al. 2004. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:10685. (Block)
- Brozovic S, et al. 2004. Nat. Med. 10:535.
- Brossay L, et al. 1997. J. Immunol.. 159:1216. (Block)
- Jiang J, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:47487. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1236527 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123504)
AB_1877065 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123515)
- 48 kD glycoprotein, Ig superfamily
leukocytes, dendritic cells, epithelial cells, thymocytes
- Antigen presentation
- similar to MHC class I, associate with ß-microglobulin
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Brudin N, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:3271.
2. Amano M, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:1710.
3. Brossay L, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 159:1216.
4. Dougan SK, et al. 2007. Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 314:113.
5. Brutkiewicz RR, et al. 2007. Eur. J. Immunol. 37:2390.
- Gene ID
- 12479 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD1d on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.