- S20013F (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T44, Tp44
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD28 is a 44 kD disulfide-linked homodimeric type I glycoprotein. It is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is also known as T44 or Tp44. CD28 is expressed on most T lineage cells, NK cell subsets, and plasma cells. CD28 binds both CD80 and CD86 using a highly conserved motif MYPPY in the CDR3-like loop. CD28 is considered a major co-stimulatory molecule, inducing T lymphocyte activation and IL-2 synthesis, and preventing cell death. In vitro studies indicate that ligation of CD28 on T cells by CD80 and CD86 on antigen presenting cells provides a costimulatory signal required for T cell activation and proliferation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CD28 transfected cells
- 0.1 μm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/μg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/μg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Costim - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. S20013F antibody can be used at 1 μg/mL of antibody in PBS in combination with 1 μg/mL of anti-human CD3 antibody for T cell activation. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone S20013F antibody can completely block the binding of clone CD28.2 on target.
Clone S20013F can partially block Clone S20013B on target.
Clone S20013F can increase anti-CD3 induced human peripheral T-cell proliferation.
- Additional Product Notes
This antibody is intended for activation and expansion of T cells for research and ex vivo cell culture applications. The antibody was GMP manufactured under serum-free conditions, including serum-free hybridoma cell culture, without additional animal or human-derived materials.
For plate coating protocols, S20013F antibody (Cat. No. 377605/377606) can be used at 1 μg/mL in PBS in combination with 1 μg/mL of anti-human CD3 antibody (Cat. No. 317354) to efficiently activate T cells. Plates should be coated for 2 hours in a tissue culture incubator or overnight at 4°C. For soluble antibody activation protocols, we recommend 10 μg/mL of anti-human CD3 (Cat. No. 317354) antibody and 5 μg/mL of anti-human CD28 antibody (Cat. No. 377605).
AB_2936722 (BioLegend Cat. No. 377605)
AB_2936722 (BioLegend Cat. No. 377606)
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies. BioLegend GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies are manufactured in a dedicated GMP facility and compliant with ISO 13485:2016. For research or ex vivo cell processing use. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Our processes include:
- Batch-to-batch consistency
- Material traceability
- Documented procedures
- Documented employee training
- Equipment maintenance and monitoring records
- Lot-specific certificates of analysis
- Quality audits per ISO 13485:2016
- QA review of released products
BioLegend GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies are manufactured and tested in accordance with USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and Ph. Eur. Chapter 5.2.12
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, homodimer, 44 kD
Mature T cells, thymocytes, NK cell subsets, plasma cells, EBVpositive B cells
- T cell costimulation
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, T cells, Tfh, Th1, Th17, Th2, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Costimulatory Molecules, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leukocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- June CH, et al. 1994. Immunol Today. 15:321-31.
- Linsley PS and Ledbetter JA. 1993. Annu Rev Immunol. 11:191-212
- Gene ID
- 940 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD28 on UniProt.org
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD28||S20013F||FC,Costim|
|APC anti-human CD28||S20013F||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD28||S20013F||FC|
|PE anti-human CD28||S20013F||FC|
|GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD28 SF||S20013F||FC,Costim|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.