- W6/32 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Major Histocompatibility Class I, MHC class I
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
MHC class I antigens associated with β2-microglobulin are expressed by all human nucleated cells. MHC class I molecules are involved in presentation of antigens to CD8+ T cells. They play an important role in cell-mediated immune responses and tumor surveillance.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cat (Feline), Cattle (Bovine, Cow), Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone W6/32 recognizes residues in the N terminus of the human ß2-microglobulin molecule21.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitaton2, Western blotting (non-reducing)3, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4,5, blocking6,7, inhibition of NK cell-mediated lysis10, and activation8,9. Clone W6/32 has been reported not to be suitable for immunohistochemistry on paraffin sections17. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays. For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 311428) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
- Application References
- Darrow TL, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:3329.
- Stern P, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 138:1088.
- Tran TM, et al. 2001. Immunogenetics 53:440.
- Barbatis C, et al. 1981. Gut 22:985.
- Ayyoub M, et al. 2004. Cancer Immunity 4:7.
- DeFelice M, et al. 1990. Cell. Immunol. 126:420.
- Fayen J, et al. 1998. Int. Immunol. 10:1347.
- Turco MC, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 141:2275.
- Geppert TD, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:3763.
- Wooden SL, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:1383.
- Nagano M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:151.
- McLoughlin RM,et al.2008. J. Immunol. 181:1323. PubMed
- Takahara M, et al.2008. J. Leukoc. Biol. 83:742. PubMed
- Lunemann A, et al.2008. J. Immunol. 181:6170. PubMed
- Laing BJ, et al. 2010. J. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 139:1402. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Vambutas A, et al. 2000. Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immun. 7:79.
- Coppieters KT, et al. 2012. J. Exp. Med. 209:51. (epitope)
- Crivello P, et al. 2013. Hum Immunol. 22:100. PubMed
- Jung Y, et al. 2015. Mol Cancer Res. 13:197. PubMed
- Shields MJ. Ribaudo RK. 1998. Tissue Antigens. 51(5):567-70. (epitope)
- Product Citations
AB_314872 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311403)
AB_314873 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311404)
- Ig superfamily
All nucleated cells
- Antigen presentation
- CD3/TCR, CD8
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. Eds. 1993. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Gene ID
- 3105 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HLA-A,B,C on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.